Automate Life
Stickey

What Platform is Driving Your Smart Home?

Who you hub'n?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who you hub'n?

Im currently rocking Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi using Google as my main voice assistant! 

Edited by Stickey
  • Like 1

Hubs right now are the Echo Plus's and Show but I've only been at this automation thing for 7 months.

• Like 1

I was using Google Home to tie it all together but I've added a smartthings hub and love it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Currently 2x Google (Nest) Hub + 2x Google (Nest) Mini.

All my current devices (about 20 including phone) use Wifi (router hasn't pooped it's pants yet!) - I intend to get SmartThings hub (or similar) soon - this will be so I can connect sensors via Zigbee.

• Like 1

Smartthings Hub, Google Home Hub, 1 google mini, Insignia with google home assistant, 1 Fire 7 with alexa hands free, Wyze cam bridge for wyze motion and contact sensors.

I have 25 devices and 20 virtual devices

• Like 2

I've got an original google home, a mini and two ginni lights. My son has a mini in his bedroom but he doesn't use it most of the time. I'll probably add more gadgets as time goes by.

• Like 2

There was no 'other' or 'misc' to choose..My whole setup is run by 'AutomationManager for IoT' on an old Nexus 9 tablet. It connects my Hue, TP-Link, Lifx and WeMo systems together. All together it controls 67 devices. I also have a Google home hub in the bedroom, a JBL link view in the computer room and the Lenovo smart display in the kitchen. Not to mention a Google assistant/speaker in every room for that multi room audio experience. 

• Like 1

SmartThings ties 80 % of my stuff together, Harmony for entertainment stuff & some smart home device's, an Energenie hub for some smart plugs, Hue hub for most of the lights. Got a mix of Google Assistant smart speakers/displays (2xGH Mini's & 1x Lenovo Smart Display) & Alexa devices (2x 2nd Gen Dots, 1x Echo 1st Gen, 1x Fire HD tablet) handling my voice control

The last Apple device I bought was a second hand iPad about 5 years ago so not got anything to really utilise for Homekit

• Confused 1

My main hub is HomeKit. But next to that there's also Google Home. 

The HomePods are way too expensive to place throughout the whole house. So I've started with 1 mini and ended up with 2 hubs and 3 mini's. 

Still need an extra mini for underneath the terrace roof. I have speakers there with a CC audio, then I can control them with my voice. 

But… All my automations are in HomeKit and HomeBridge. Like it way more than GH. 

Problem is that we don't have all the options in The Netherlands. It's taking too long…

On 6/22/2019 at 9:22 PM, Erin said:

I was using Google Home to tie it all together but I've added a smartthings hub and love it!

That’s about where I’m at as well. 

• Like 1