Automate Life
Krusher38

Google Home, SmartThings and connections

I I have SmartThings and hue light bulbs. They are both connected to my Google home app. So, now the hue light bulbs and other connected brands are showing up twice in the Google home app. If I delete the smartthings copy, it shows back up because I have not de-linking smartthings?

I can remove the hue linked copy, but I'm worried then when I ask Google to turn off a hue light bulb, it has to go through the smartthing, then the hue app and then back to Google. 

I don't want Google to tell me I have X amount of things not set up because it's not in a room. I also don't want double copies in a room in my Google home app. How have you guys resolved this situation to your satisfaction?

Check this out. I know @AYL_Brian has talked about duplicate devices before, but I couldn’t find his video discussing it. Hope this is helpful  

• Like 2

Thank You, @Brian W, this basically affirms some thoughts that I had. The only concern that I have with unlinking WeMo or hue is the latency of having to go through smartthings. I can simply do it and if I'm not satisfied I can change how I do it. Thank you!

• Like 1

There's definitely some latency issues with double linking, however I think it's worth it in most cases.  It depends on the device though and how fast you want to get it moving once you've given a command. 🙂

• Thanks 1