Automate Life
Sign in to follow this  
PeL4

Time frames for Google Routines possible?

Hi, I'm new to atuomation.

I bought a Philips Hue starter kit a few days ago, and I control them by voice using Google routines, and I have a question regarding something I need:

Is it possible to make the same routine to act differently depending on the time frame it's executing?

I want my "Ok Google I'm home" routine to perform different tasks depending on the time I get home.

For example, if I "I'm home" at:

• 3 pm: I don't want it to turn on the lights. Maybe turn on the TV and the PC (I don't have these automated yet, but lets assume I have)
  • 9 pm: Turn the living room lights, TV and PC on.
  • 2 am: For example, I came home late. I don't want it to turn on the TV and PC, but instead turn the living room and the bedroom lights at 30%.

I know it is possible to do all this with different routines, but that would need for me to remember what the routines is called.

I'd like to do this with the same routine, defining time frames for the each task, so that it would check what the time is when I command it, and do the tasks I said depending on the time frame.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I don’t know he answer to this, but it’s a great question. I’m interested to see what people come up with. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 12:29 AM, PeL4 said:

Hi, I'm new to atuomation.

I bought a Philips Hue starter kit a few days ago, and I control them by voice using Google routines, and I have a question regarding something I need:

Is it possible to make the same routine to act differently depending on the time frame it's executing?

I want my "Ok Google I'm home" routine to perform different tasks depending on the time I get home.

For example, if I "I'm home" at:

• 3 pm: I don't want it to turn on the lights. Maybe turn on the TV and the PC (I don't have these automated yet, but lets assume I have)
  • 9 pm: Turn the living room lights, TV and PC on.
  • 2 am: For example, I came home late. I don't want it to turn on the TV and PC, but instead turn the living room and the bedroom lights at 30%.

I know it is possible to do all this with different routines, but that would need for me to remember what the routines is called.

I'd like to do this with the same routine, defining time frames for the each task, so that it would check what the time is when I command it, and do the tasks I said depending on the time frame.

Thanks in advance!

No this is not possible yet, however you can make something work with a little effort.

Make one routine "i'm home" for your day time automation and another one "i'm finally home" for your evening automation.

or "I'm home early" and "f$%ck my life I'm late again" lol.....

Easy work around, but not perfect.

• Haha 1

LOL. Great response!

I think this is possible with webcore for Smartthings, and you don't even need to say a word... but I don't have a Smartthings hub yet.

Thanks for the help