Automate Life
Gaztyke

What do we all want from Santa?

Well it's that time of year again, get the mince pies dusted & the carrots out ready for the reindeer! 

What have my fellow tech nerds got on their Christmas wish list this year?

Personally I'd love some IKEA smart blinds or a new laptop 🤞

I have these on order for a outdoor project i have in mind. Will cover the entire front of the house. Uses a project called WLED's

https://www.amazon.com/ALITOVE-Individually-Addressable-Programmable-Waterproof/dp/B07FVP54GQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=dealz04a9-20&linkId=e9a62114124b6539e6675046a6e3d541&language=en_US

WLEDs.PNG.6ab1bbf87d5a17601de99da27bc48c4e.PNG

https://www.amazon.com/ESP8266-NodeMcu-Internet-Development-Micropython/dp/B07L8W9SP3/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=dealz04a9-20&linkId=81b58294bf399dd72d93bf33560ea35e&language=en_US

NodeMCU.PNG.a9f385fdcc68b3d053c0d0fc5e6f5bb9.PNG

Plan on flashing the boards with this firmware WLED_0.8.5_ESP8266.bin from this website https://github.com/Aircoookie/WLED/releases

Will let everyone know how it turns out. If set up right should be able to control it with webcore.

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Like 1

Just to give you an idea of what this can do i should be able to do effects like the ones in this video

And that's just a few of the effects that WLED has. At the current count it has over 80 effects with the ability to adjust primary and secondary colors, brightness, and speed of the effects. So the combination's are almost unlimited in what can be done with it.

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Like 2

The key feature of any coffee table in front of a sofa is that its comfortable to rest your feet on 😄

21 hours ago, Larry Underwood said:

Just to give you an idea of what this can do i should be able to do effects like the ones in this video

And that's just a few of the effects that WLED has. At the current count it has over 80 effects with the ability to adjust primary and secondary colors, brightness, and speed of the effects. So the combination's are almost unlimited in what can be done with it.

This strip is seriously cool!!

I would like another echo studio. I really like mine and I want to see how 2 paired together with a sub sounds.

Not that I need any more echos.

• Like 2

I probably won't get one iota of a Smart Device this Christmas. 😕 I would have to open my mouth and ask for a specific thing, I guess.
One year I asked for Amazon gift cards for X-mass, for a new computer build. I got two but, I did get socks that year. ha ha /rant. 😊 
Meh, maybe next yeah I'll need a bunch of WiFi 6 devices (granted WiFi 6 is more than the hype it's built on). I seen a Wifi 6 example of a Wifi 6 enabled cell phone (sick). That might take a couple of years to start showing up, though.

• Like 1

I would like some Ikea smart blinds too, maybe some tablets that are good substitutes for tiles or panels.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 2:08 PM, David said:

I would like another echo studio. I really like mine and I want to see how 2 paired together with a sub sounds.

Not that I need any more echos.

I always wanted to try that out with the Google Max speakers for a Home Theater set up. I will have to mute all the mics though. ha ha
All the speaker are powered with built in room correction EQ. I just need a pre-amp. I have a powered sub.
Meh, that takes money so we may never know, unless Google reads this and contributes 5 Max speakers. HA HA!

• Like 2

On 12/18/2019 at 9:50 AM, Larry Underwood said:

I have these on order for a outdoor project i have in mind. Will cover the entire front of the house. Uses a project called WLED's

Well got the ESP8266 boards, LED strip, 5VDC 30Amp power supply in. After flashing one of the boards and connecting it to my WiFi network I then connected the strip to it and connected the power supply up. All works as it should. next step will be to install it under the roof overhang if front of my driveway. After this all i will need to do to add more is to buy more strips, they will connect to the other boards and the same power supply i bought and in time i will have the entire front of my house outlined with them (i figure 4 more strips should do it).

When i have the first strip installed i will take a pic of it and post it on the board. Or maybe a video would do better as you'll will be able to see the effects.

• Like 3