Automate Life

This webcore automation will turn on the bathroom light when the bathroom door is open. It turns the light on at different levels based on the time of day and it looks at a virtual switch that's set in a goodnight alexa routine when i go to bed so the bathroom light will come on even lower then. Also it will not turn the light off if you close the door behind you when entering the bathroom. It will turn it off when you leave the bathroom. Any questions about this piston please leave them here.

70400169_BathroomBreak.thumb.png.6755b230e74289739ce0dcfa228800bb.png

Very nice!  Yeah, I wanted something like this and I think I'll integrate Lux from a new sensor I got. 🙂

Since I am just now getting in to Webcore I am going back thru some old posts, and came across this one. So @Larry Underwood here is a question for you. As I have begun playing with lighting in webcore i have found that when I try to control brightness based on time of day, the light first turns on at its previous level of brightness and quickly lowers to my new level. Is there a way (perhaps in the script above) that forces the lowered level of brightness prior to the bulb lighting up?

Its not really a function of the webcore script but of the switch or bulb hardware. The firmware of the switch/bulb determines if it will come back on at the last level it was at then lower to the requested level or come on at the level requested from the beginning. For example my Cree bulbs will come on at the requested level from the beginning where my OSRAM bulb comes on at whatever level it was last set to then lowers its level to the requested level.

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Like 1