Automate Life
Wrightnearhome

Custom LED Strip Above Garage with Philips Hue Compatible Controller

After much planning and execution I was able to finish the installation of my custom LED strip that is controlled with my Philips Hue Hub and I did it without spending more that $100. Check out the pictures below. Will post a video on my YouTube channel with more details on this project in the future. 

1182562381_Red(1).thumb.jpg.28271c4eb2dbb13199a441b72f84e14c.jpg

1263745330_Green(1).thumb.jpg.4ae09febeecd1b325e6c45ed044f7162.jpg

1701474866_Blue(1).thumb.jpg.2f514bd2f23037e06f5a9dd645e331fc.jpg

• Like 2

That looks really good. If I didn't have lights on both sides of my garage I'd like to do something like that. I do have a 6 foot light strip under my bed rail on my side of the bed and have some under my kitchen cabinets and some as accent lights on the back of my TV. I'm using Sylvania Smart Zigbee Indoor Starter Kit It works natively with smartthings. I look forward to seeing what hardware you used.

1 hour ago, Wrightnearhome said:

@Larry Underwood and @AYL_Brian the controller I am using is https://geni.us/wrightgledoptoLED and the LED strips is https://geni.us/wrightsupernightLED. Also had to buy some LED electrical wiring and strip to wire connectors I can link those if you are interested as well. Hope this helps

So what hub did you pair it with? If smartthings did you have to install a Device Handler or was that controller natively supported already?

Never mind I answered my own question. You used the hue hub. If I cared to read your post closer i'd have known that 😁

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Larry Underwood said:

So what hub did you pair it with? If smartthings did you have to install a Device Handler or was that controller natively supported already?

Currently I have it running on my Philips hue hub. I get my smartthings hub back from my dad on Saturday but it is just a zigbee controller so I would expect it to work with SmartThings natively. Especially since it works on the Philips hue app and that is a brand that SmartThings supports.

Yeah so it would come through the Hue Hub at the very least into ST...but I'm interested to see this one come out Kyle.  Very good find with that little controller there.

• Like 1