Automate Life
Beau

control a fan with a rf remote with smart things

Hi all I have the smart things hub V 2

I have a ceiling fan that has 315 mhz rf remote  I was think of trying a brodlink pro or some or the sonoff  

but i like to known what others have done 

thanks Beau

I have a fan that was already installed when i bought the house its just a ceiling fan with a switch in the wall to turn it on and off. So i replaced the switch with a GE Smart Fan Switch It works with smartthings hub natively and has 3 speeds. I can control it with alexa and in automation's, etc. I bought a smartthings button to put on my bedside table as this is in the bedroom and because the button has a temp sensor in it i can set up automation's to turn on the fan automatically if I'm in the room and the temperature is above a set level. Can also control it with a button push as well.

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Like 1

@Beau you might want to try the SwitchBot hub. It is now integrated with SmartThings and is an RF blaster. Could be the solution you are looking for. 

Edited by Brian W
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian W said:

@Beau you might want to try the SwitchBot hub. It is now integrated with SmartThings and is an RF blaster. Could be the solution you are looking for. 

Is switchbot a RF blaster? I thought it was a IR blaster.

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Like 1

You could use a Broadlink RM Pro, link your IHC (Broadlink app) account to IFTTT & set up an automation with SmartThings that way. You can also then create a virtual device switch in your SmartThings app which gives you control of that trigger 

• Like 1