Automate Life
Mitchie23

SmartThings or Wink 2?

Hi, smart home is such evolving over the past few years, and it just keeps on improving. Technology is really awesome. ๐Ÿ‘ย I only have an Alexa at home and I'm thinking of adding a smart hub to make my home smarter. So far I've heard very good feedback for SmartThings and Wink. Check the Wireshopper review for reference. They both offer a range of connectivity options. The only decision breaker perhaps is the failsafe option of SmartThings because of its AA batteries. Well, I don't think that's a major redesign for the Wink but they should be looking at that. Any other personal experiences with SmarthThings or Wink? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

i would advise a smartthings hub I had wink myself and it's no where near as powerful a automation system as the smartthings hub V3. Wink has been slowly dying a painful death for well over a year now. Even there website is showingย  Temporarily Unavailable ย https://www.wink.com/products/wink-hub-2/

Has been showing that for over a year now.

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitchie23 said:

Hi, smart home is such evolving over the past few years, and it just keeps on improving. Technology is really awesome. ๐Ÿ‘ย I only have an Alexa at home and I'm thinking of adding a smart hub to make my home smarter. So far I've heard very good feedback for SmartThings and Wink. Check the Wireshopper review for reference. They both offer a range of connectivity options. The only decision breaker perhaps is the failsafe option of SmartThings because of its AA batteries. Well, I don't think that's a major redesign for the Wink but they should be looking at that. Any other personal experiences with SmarthThings or Wink? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

If you like also looking at all the settings on your device, you could also go to the Hubitat. However, I agree with @Larry Underwood based on the good reviews that SmartThings gets and all the devices you can manage with SmartThings, it sounds like the way to go.

• Like 1