Automate Life
TonyT

Is there a way to have a hub close the Ikea Fyrtur blinds at dusk?

From what I can tell some Ikea products, including the Fyrtur, use the Zigbee protocol.   Now yes there is a remote available which I will velcro to the inside of a door which I can use before I enter the living room.    But ideally I'd like a hub, preferably the Hubitat, to know when dusk is and close the blinds automatically.   Then broadcoast on my Google Home Mini's that the blinds are closed.

I do see device handlers for the SmartThings hub but I'd prefer the Hubitat hub as I prefer local processing.

I do see several light sensors available for Zigbee and Z-Wave so this should all be doable.    Any comments or suggestions?

The smartthings hub does some local processing and samsung is working on there new rule api which will make most processing local as well. I say most because will like your wanting to broadcast on your google mini that the blinds are closed would require internet access to accomplish.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 8:08 PM, Larry Underwood said:

The smartthings hub does some local processing and samsung is working on there new rule api which will make most processing local as well. I say most because will like your wanting to broadcast on your google mini that the blinds are closed would require internet access to accomplish.

Will this new rules API work on the V3 hub or might it require a new hub?

Just now, TonyT said:

Will this new rules API work on the V3 hub or might it require a new hub?

No it will work on the V3 hub. Samsung just had their Samsung Developer Conference 2019 and talked in detail about what they plan and how.

Might want to check out the post and the videos that were taken their

Larry, thank your for the info and the links.  I watched the first 10 minutes or so of the video and got what I needed.  Very interesting indeed.    So I'm getting closer to purchasing the SmartThnings hub instead of the Hubitat.   

Hah, it does indeed have the option to send emails.  (I run my own email/web server.)   So I can send myself text messages via email when I'm not home when the door sensors go off.    (Which would come as a great surprise to me as I live by myself.  <smile>)

Yes with webcore you can send e-mails, text and create very complex automation's. Yea back in the days I too ran several different kinds of servers e-mail, web, DHCP, DNS, etc. I don't live my myself, but the wife has been surprised to see me home sometimes, 😄