Automate Life
AYL_Brian

What's On Your Black Friday List?

So I'm making up a Black Friday list for some of the things I'm looking to buy, but what are you all after this coming Black Friday?  Also, what are you giving as gifts from the tech and smart home side of things?

I think for me, it's hard to ignore the Amazon Echo Studio and their Buds.  From a gifting perspective, the Nest Mini is a great option because the speaker is actually good enough for me to give it to someone.  Also, I'm really loving my Hue Go and so anybody with that system...I feel like they'd love one.

5 hours ago, AYL_Brian said:

I think for me, it's hard to ignore the Amazon Echo Studio and their Buds.

That's funny, I just ordered today the echo buds.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Larry Underwood said:

That's funny, I just ordered today the echo buds.

but...but...WAIT!?

IMHO the buds are overpriced. I would not pay full price again. To my ears they need a larger size silicone tip but when I use the tips from my Sonys they don't fit in the charging case.

The Echo Studio is great and I don't understand why Amazon so under estimated demand.  Comparing physical size to sound ratio I expected it to be louder then it is considering the other Echos I have around. However the studio plays clear at a higher volume level then the other Echos.

• Like 1

I wonder @David if it's more about complexity than anything.  The studio's a complex device to manufacture, so I wonder about how long it takes to complete a run of products and the QA levels they'd have to be put through.  That's just me though...who knows really?

• Like 1

I am looking to pick up a couple of Google Nest minis for my 85 year-old mother-in-law.  She's seen her friends using it and is showing some interest. She lives independently and this could help her with some simple automations.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 8:32 AM, AYL_Brian said:

but...but...WAIT!?

Got the echo buds and so far I like them a lot. Nice having Alexa built into them.

731412575_echoearbuds.thumb.jpg.f96478496ddd1907905e1186ac6ffbb7.jpg

Audio sounds clean and clear and I like the way they fit, very comfortable.

Considering the cost of other truly wireless ear buds I'd say they are reasonably priced for what you get.

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Like 1

I think I'm also adding a couple of the SwitchBot Curtains to my list now...I've been able to play a bit and it's a very interesting device.