Automate Life
Stukes

Smart Life integration with Smartthings?

Watched Brian’s YouTube video on Smartthings developments and there was mention of Smartthings and Smart Life being able to integrated. I have not seen any link or info as how to add Smart Life devices into Smartthings.  Can anyone identify how to do this?  

• Like 1

So there's like one vendor that's done so far, and you'll search per vendor as it comes in.  Kind of an odd way to do it...I'd hoped it would be "smart life" and you'd be done.  I mean...can you remember every smart life maker you've bought from?

• Confused 1

The SmartLife integration could be huge, the only non SmartThings compatible devices I own are SmartLife devices (from various vendors) that are IFTTT enabled, so whilst I can fold them into my SmartThings ecosystem via utilising virtual switches, it'll be far better to have direct integration so I can have those devices display device status info etc.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 6:24 PM, Gaztyke said:

The SmartLife integration could be huge, the only non SmartThings compatible devices I own are SmartLife devices (from various vendors) that are IFTTT enabled, so whilst I can fold them into my SmartThings ecosystem via utilising virtual switches, it'll be far better to have direct integration so I can have those devices display device status info etc.

It's a massive integration that I don't think anyone else can claim great functionality with.  I really hope the vendors jump on board with this and Samsung organizes this well in the app though.

• Like 1

Yeah the vendor by vendor approach is one that kind of feels like it's got the potential to feel really fragmented & that's not what SmartThings is about, hopefully they'll deliver a consistent approach to integration & functionality across similar device types from different vendors 

• Like 1