Automate Life
WWHA

Best home hub

I currently have the Wink 2 hub.  Since Wink look like that are not making improvements and could be going out of business, I am looking to replace my wink hub.  I would like some input as to the best hub as a replacement.  I am currently looking at Smartthings and Hubitat.  I have cameras, lights, switches, thermostats, smart locks and other sensors.

I too had a Wink hub and looked at both smartthings and hubitat. Both are really good hubs. I got the smartthings because of the ease of use and with webcore it can also handle complex automation's. Later i got a hubitat hub and while i like it as well I still came back to my smartthings hub.

So i would suggest the ST hub myself. Once you see what's possible with it, you will never look back. Or if you do you'll wonder why you waited so long to switch. 😀

• Like 1

I’m a general newbie, but SmartThings has been a great tool for me to this point. My automations are minimal, but learning webcore has been fun, and it really helped to open my mind as far as automation goes. I’m slowly moving my families comfort with this stuff forward, and even have them starting to enjoy some of the neat tricks you can setup in webcore. 

Ive heard hubitat is great, but I’m definitely a pro SmartThings kinda guy.