Automate Life
vPeteWalker

LED RBG suggestions for a pumpkin?

Hi folks!  Trying to get a suggestion for a bulb that I can stick into the back of a pumpkin.  One of two ideas, but certainly happy to hear what you guys are doing when it comes to something similar, or just halloween decorations in general.  Something less expensive, vs. say "Phillips Hue" where there'd be a significant investment, as I don't have any smart LEDs today.

First idea is to rotate colors, etc. via either a physical remote or app, but preferably something that saves the settings between power off/on OR can be controlled via app to turn it on/off separately from when I turn on/off my outdoor lights.  That will be more annoying, as I'd have to run a completely separate wire out to it, but not a deal breaker.  If it's inexpensive enough, I don't mind it not being "outdoor" per se...

Second idea is just maybe a black light, so nothing necessarily "home automation" about it, and just need a cord with a single bulb to plug in... maybe someone's done this and has recommendations?

Thanks all, appreciate it!

Edited by vPeteWalker

Perhaps a small multi color light strip. Best Buy has a non smart one that comes in shorter lengths and is inexpensive. They come with a remote as well. I think the brand is insignia if I remember correctly. 

I wonder if a set of Christmas lights would make just as much sense nowadays?

I had bought these Winkly lights a while back.  They're not amazing because they really only control by app...but they'd work for this let me tell ya.  The reason I say that is you could customize the colors and patterns and buy a really short run.