Automate Life
Sign in to follow this  
AYL_Alan

Wyze Sensors deactivating?

Anyone having issues with their Wyze Sensors deactivating from the bridge? I don't know what happened, but I have to reset them now.

Edited by AYL_Alan
changed title to ...deactivating

Try turning the camera off, pulling the bridge out and then reinserting the bridge, power the camera back on and see if the sensors reconnect. I have had to do this about 3-4 times since I got mine.  I got my sensors as soon as they were on sale earlier this year

• Thanks 1

I think the first run (which is what you have Alan) have been disconnecting lately...just like @Stukes said, I think a reboot usually fixes it but I had to play with mine.

Also, eventually...my first Wyze Cam died...not saying that's happening but that's what was happening to me!

• Thanks 1

Just recently my Wyze bridge is not operating. It shows all my sensors are working, but when they are triggered, nothing happens, like turning on or off lights.  I have tried all different ways of plugging in or unplugging the camera and or bridge. Frustrating!

I actually saw a bunch of this on the Wyze support site too Stukes.  I'd chat with them.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:01 PM, AYL_Brian said:

I actually saw a bunch of this on the Wyze support site too Stukes.  I'd chat with them.

Chatted with Wyze today.  The Wyze bulbs after firmware upgrade stopped turning on/off from wyze rules.  They told me to clear the Wyze app cache, and delete all my rules, and remake them.  Did that and everything is back to working order.  Fortunately I only had about 8 rules, so it didn't take long.  If I wasn't using webcore and had a ton more wyze rues, I would not been very happy about process of deleting all rules and remaking them.

On 10/28/2019 at 2:57 PM, Stukes said:

Chatted with Wyze today.  The Wyze bulbs after firmware upgrade stopped turning on/off from wyze rules.  They told me to clear the Wyze app cache, and delete all my rules, and remake them.  Did that and everything is back to working order.  Fortunately I only had about 8 rules, so it didn't take long.  If I wasn't using webcore and had a ton more wyze rues, I would not been very happy about process of deleting all rules and remaking them.

Yeah, I ran into this to now @Stukes - not happy with the ST integration I had built. 😞

• Like 1