Automate Life
exel2000

Looking for Smart Wifi temp/humidity sensor

Hello, I have been searching for a temperature/humidity sensor that will work with Smart Life mostly unsuccessfully.  I want one that works on wifi without a hub and with the Smart Life app so I can use it to trigger an AC that is connected to a smart plug.  Anything out there?  Thanks!

It appears you need a separate hub(tag manager) though, is that right?  I know that there are some advantages to having a hub (reduces congestion), but looking for something that doesn't require a hub.  

-Sam

Hey what's the application you're trying to solve here?  You wanna trigger something on on temp in your home?

I am thinking that I want a humidity/temp sensor to trigger a smart plug to turn on an Aor conditioner. Most my devices use the Smart Life app currently but I’m sure I could use IFTTT for this as well. I have a nest thermostat, ring doorbell, a few smart plugs and a door sensor. 

On 6/18/2019 at 7:03 PM, exel2000 said:

I am thinking that I want a humidity/temp sensor to trigger a smart plug to turn on an Aor conditioner. Most my devices use the Smart Life app currently but I’m sure I could use IFTTT for this as well. I have a nest thermostat, ring doorbell, a few smart plugs and a door sensor. 

If you're ok with getting a new hub: switchbot has thermometer/hygrometer that you can then use IFTTT to integrate

The Nest thermostat does a humidity calc too, so you can also integrate that way either from google home or IFTTT?

• Like 1

Yeah, I’ll probably have to look into a hub of some sort to get the automation I’m looking for. From what I can tell, you can’t tap into the Nest sensor to create triggers other than some simple ones. 

2 hours ago, exel2000 said:

Yeah, I’ll probably have to look into a hub of some sort to get the automation I’m looking for. From what I can tell, you can’t tap into the Nest sensor to create triggers other than some simple ones. 

Well, that should change, but you're going to be waiting until early 2020 as far as I can tell.