Automate Life
MNA1966

a $30 Smart Hub that does Z-wave and Wifi

The Ezlo Atom A $30 Smart Hub that does Z-wave and Wifi
The con. The main drawback may be that the tiny hub needs to be plugged into the USB port of a computer or phone to work, unlike standalone hubs like Amazon Echo or Google Home. Ezlo recommends plugging it directly into an extra USB adapter you have at home. This will provide a continuous source of power.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/home/the-ezlo-atom-is-the-smallest-smart-home-hub-youve-ever-seen/

https://getvera.com/products/ezlo-atom

One contradiction I see is their listed con says 

the tiny hub needs to be plugged into the USB port of a computer

There is more than one example of it being plugged into  a USB power outlet.

Edited by MNA1966

I like this idea, especially if it can be plugged into any USB Power Outlet.  If it sat out in the middle of my home and just used an USB plug in, that'd be pretty easy for a lot of people.  Good find @MNA1966!

If it had a zigbee radio I'd be on board to. But that leaves out just about all motion, contact, temp sensors and blubs, (except wifi blubs) etc.

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Larry Underwood said:

If it had a zigbee radio I'd be on board to. But that leaves out just about all motion, contact, temp sensors and blubs, (except wifi blubs) etc.

For $30 you get Z-wave and Wifi. Zigbee too and the price will go up and the device will be bigger.
Plus its on Vera's website. I think they are pro-Z-wave. lol

You gotta wonder how much bigger it would have to be.  Even at that size, that hub must be pretty light on automation capabilities.  Are you thinking of grabbing one?

No, I thought I'd just list it.
I also thought it would make a good repeater for Hubitat if it integrates with their Hublinker app.

It's a $30 hub. Might be better for people with an Echo+

50 minutes ago, AYL_Brian said:

You gotta wonder how much bigger it would have to be.  Even at that size, that hub must be pretty light on automation capabilities.  Are you thinking of grabbing one?

Not very much bigger. Used to use this with my Raspberry Pi 3 and Home Assistant. Back when I was looking for a replacement for the dying/dead mostly Wink hub. That's when I followed DrZzs youtube channel

https://www.amazon.com/GoControl-CECOMINOD016164-HUSBZB-1-USB-Hub/dp/B01GJ826F8/ref=asc_df_B01GJ826F8/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=193989831776&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9943598652874826351&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026223&hvtargid=pla-312424172362&psc=1

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Thanks 1