Automate Life
BryAz

Alexa Show 5 & Wyze Camera as Baby Monitors

Semi-short version: I have an Echo Show 5 and a Wyze v2 camera. Is there any way (via ITTT or otherwise) that I can get the Show to display video immediately upon motion or sound being detected on the Wyze camera? I have two small children in different rooms and dealing with multiple baby monitors, bringing them upstairs and downstairs with me, each with their own charging cable, is getting old. 

It would be nice for the cameras to provide a live feed to the Show downstairs when I’m awake or on my nightstand while I’m sleeping. 

Possible?

Impossible?

Thank you. 

6 hours ago, BryAz said:

Semi-short version: I have an Echo Show 5 and a Wyze v2 camera. Is there any way (via ITTT or otherwise) that I can get the Show to display video immediately upon motion or sound being detected on the Wyze camera? I have two small children in different rooms and dealing with multiple baby monitors, bringing them upstairs and downstairs with me, each with their own charging cable, is getting old. 

It would be nice for the cameras to provide a live feed to the Show downstairs when I’m awake or on my nightstand while I’m sleeping. 

Possible?

Impossible?

Thank you. 

There is no direct way to get a amazon or google smart display device to stream video from a camera without a voice command. FrankE has used a echo dot to tell a google smart display device to do it by mounting a echo dot on the google smart display then triggering it to speak the command via a virtual contact switch. Some what hard to set up but is doable.

• Like 1

Here is what I did with a Ring Doorbell

The Ring Doorbell Pro does a great job of announcing both doorbell button pushes and motion detection on an Echo Show, but you still need to say "Alexa, show doorbell camera" to view and interact with whoever is at the door

I added an Echo Dot on the back of my Echo Show and wrote an Alexa Routine to say the command "Alexa, show doorbell camera".  My Echo Show hears the command and displays the doorbell camera

Here is what my Routine looks like:

* When this happens- Front Door is pressed (meaning doorbell... make another routine for motion detected)

* Actions- 

Set volume to 2

Say "Alexa,"  (comma for a short delay)

Set volume to 2  (another delay to give the Echo Show a chance to respond to the Wake Word)

Say "Show front door camera"

* From- whatever you named the named the Echo Dot  

I would suggest that you change the Wake Word on the Echo Dot so that you don't have both the Dot and the Show responding when you are normally saying commands to the Show

Frank

Dot Backpack on Echo Show.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have a very similar setup to Franks.

Motion sensor at door triggers routine for announcement on all echos, 1 echo says "Amazon, show me the front door" and fire tablet displays wyze cam. When the Show 5 came out I tried swapping one of those for the fire tablet but the mics on the show 5 just aren't good enough. The show 5 missed about 80% of the requests from the echo.

• Like 3