Automate Life
WWHA

Connecting Wyze products to Wink 2 Hub

I enjoyed Brian's video on how to connect the wyze products to smartthings.  The hub that I am currently using is the Wink 2.  Is it possible to do the same connection to the wyze products with the Wink 2 or do I need to upgrade to a different hub?  

4 hours ago, WWHA said:

I enjoyed Brian's video on how to connect the wyze products to smartthings.  The hub that I am currently using is the Wink 2.  Is it possible to do the same connection to the wyze products with the Wink 2 or do I need to upgrade to a different hub?  

You can't really connect WYZE devices directly to any hub other then the WYZE hub. You can use other 3rd parity sites such as IFTTT, ect. to relay as it were commands to wink and any other services that those sites support. My advice however is to try a different hub as the wink hub is dying a slow and painful death. I too had a wink hub but replaced it with a smarthings hub and am very glad i did. Much more functionality and reliability. 

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WWHA said:

Welcome to the forum's @WWHA👍

• Like 1

Thanks for coming on over and I hope you find the responses helpful.  I'd echo a bit what Larry's saying in terms of Wink's current trajectory.  So it sounds like it's the same for Wink as it was with SmartThings.  And honestly, I've never used a Wink 2...does it have a virtual switch, or a "variable creator"?

1 hour ago, AYL_Brian said:

Thanks for coming on over and I hope you find the responses helpful.  I'd echo a bit what Larry's saying in terms of Wink's current trajectory.  So it sounds like it's the same for Wink as it was with SmartThings.  And honestly, I've never used a Wink 2...does it have a virtual switch, or a "variable creator"?

No there automation's are very basic no virtual switches, ect. But he can use IFTTT to turn on and off devices directly instead of using virtual switches, its just limited to on and off, wyze sensor opens for example and set IFTTT to turn on/off a bulb that wink supports.

I just noticed you put out a video about this haven't been able to view it as I'm at work.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Larry Underwood said:

I just noticed you put out a video about this haven't been able to view it as I'm at work.

Yeah it's generating the questions like this cause I showed virtual switches on SmartThings.

You better be ready someday for the Webcore video! 😄

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AYL_Brian said:

Yeah it's generating the questions like this cause I showed virtual switches on SmartThings.

You better be ready someday for the Webcore video! 😄

On that day I'll be Schultz 🙄

• Haha 2