Automate Life

Posted (edited)

Just got this Samsung WiFi smart plug. For less then $20 and it monitors energy usage for that price. Used it on my washing machine and it works perfect. Used a webcore piston to let me know via Alexa and a push notification when it is done.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PY4YPTF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

washer.thumb.png.895e3aba9a2cab5a7ea2568062fa0e24.png

Anyone have any questions about the piston let me know.

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Thanks 3

Fantastic again Larry!

I was surprised with the energy monitoring when I read the thing...but glad I got one out of the gate.  It's my new top device, as it can go WiFi, but also pair with the SmartThings Hub and all its capabilities (like Webcore!)

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, AYL_Brian said:

Fantastic again Larry!

I was surprised with the energy monitoring when I read the thing...but glad I got one out of the gate.  It's my new top device, as it can go WiFi, but also pair with the SmartThings Hub and all its capabilities (like Webcore!)

Hopefully it's more resilient to the old SmartThings smart plug, it was the first thing out if the SmartThings starter pack to start being unreliable 🤔

20 minutes ago, Gaztyke said:

Hopefully it's more resilient to the old SmartThings smart plug, it was the first thing out if the SmartThings starter pack to start being unreliable 🤔

So far so good, I'll let you know if i start having problems with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Larry Underwood said:

For £20 it's worth a punt, the annoyance with the old SmartThings plug was that it's a £40+ device if bought separately

On 9/6/2019 at 12:53 PM, Larry Underwood said:

Still working perfect with no problems.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I've had zero problems since installing it.  I love the monitoring option too.  Hey Larry, I meant to ask...is your washing machine 240V and you're converting?

11 hours ago, AYL_Brian said:

Yeah, I've had zero problems since installing it.  I love the monitoring option too.  Hey Larry, I meant to ask...is your washing machine 240V and you're converting?

Nope most washers here in the states are 110v although I have heard that some are 220v here still. I think that the stack-able washer/dryer combo's in apartments and such are 220v because of the dryer requirements.

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Like 1

Larry

Did you ever find out the value of R65, the missing resistor in defective Wyze cams?