Automate Life
Sign in to follow this  
AYL_Alan

Echo Auto Languages

There was a question from Amazon Echo Auto Setup video today:

The question asks:

"... a question to solve first and may be you can help me, can this be set to spanish language? "

The Echo Auto should be based on the settings in your Amazon Alexa App. I am guessing you will need to set the default language in the App to Spanish, then it should work like any other Echo device. Should give it a try the next time it crosses our path here at Automate Your Life.

In the meantime, you can follow the link to the thread I setup in the Amazon Digital and Device Forum here: https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/devices/echo-alexa/521399-the-new-echo-auto-language#c1

AYL_Alan

Unfortunately, amazon does not work like that. I live in El Salvador, and I'm a crazy tech enthusiast.

Amazon sets their languages according to the languages of the countries they have that specific device distribution. Even though Alexa is available in many languages, if that device (including generation number) has not been distributed to that country, Amazon won't care and won't update the device to receive all available languages. 

I.e. Amazon Echo Dot gen 1 and gen 2 were never distributed to Mexico or Spain. Even though the Echo Dot 3rd generation was released in Mexico and Spain, just the 3rd gen got the update and now Mexican Spanish and Spaniard Spanish is available.

If Echo Auto is ever released in Mexico or Spain, spanish will be there, unless.... if there is a second gen released in Mexico o Spain, Echo Auto gen 1 will never receive spanish (even though they do exactly the same) 

Google on the other hand tries reaching out consumers with every possible language to every device. Sigh! 

Edited by Marcus R
  • Like 2

On 8/31/2019 at 7:40 PM, Marcus R said:

Unfortunately, amazon does not work like that. I live in El Salvador, and I'm a crazy tech enthusiast.

Amazon sets their languages according to the languages of the countries they have that specific device distribution. Even though Alexa is available in many languages, if that device (including generation number) has not been distributed to that country, Amazon won't care and won't update the device to receive all available languages. 

I.e. Amazon Echo Dot gen 1 and gen 2 were never distributed to Mexico or Spain. Even though the Echo Dot 3rd generation was released in Mexico and Spain, just the 3rd gen got the update and now Mexican Spanish and Spaniard Spanish is available.

If Echo Auto is ever released in Mexico or Spain, spanish will be there, unless.... if there is a second gen released in Mexico o Spain, Echo Auto gen 1 will never receive spanish (even though they do exactly the same) 

Google on the other hand tries reaching out consumers with every possible language to every device. Sigh! 

I'm sorry that it doesn't work like that. Thanks for letting us know Marcus

• Like 1