Automate Life
FrankE

Can't create or modify Alexa Routines with motion or contact sensors

Yep, Called Amazon about an hour ago about the broken link between echos and fire tv but I also mentioned this. He looked it up and while I'm familiar with what they call a ticket, regarding known issues, this one is a master ticket,  meaning this is their top priority.

On a side note, I'm rapidly getting tired of dealing with CSR's assigned to the echo department that know a lot less than we do about echos. It's like we need our own secret phone # to reach competent techs that don't want us to jump through a bunch of unnecessary hoops just to make sure problems are not on our end or a result of our own stupidity.

Sorry rant over (for now):)

• Like 2

Another thought,

Everyone involved in the alexa ecosystem should have a fire tablet. For the 30 or so bucks when on sale, they are worth far more than that when problems like this happen. I've had family that couldn't set up bluetooth speakers with echos on the alexa app for android and ios but the fire 8 worked. I've had a dot that wouldn't set up with the android app. but the fire 8 worked. 

I've given this same advice to several others as well. They always ask why the device apps are different. How should I know? I'm just glad it works.

• Like 2

thanks for the info..

I thought the problem was on my side using simulated Alexa switches and SmartThings, but after a long time troubleshooting I found that motion sensor paired with an Echo Show Gen 2 couldn't be used an Alexa Routine either!

The Fire Tablet idea was from a user on the Amazon Forum

9 minutes ago, David said:

Yep, Called Amazon about an hour ago about the broken link between echos and fire tv but I also mentioned this. He looked it up and while I'm familiar with what they call a ticket, regarding known issues, this one is a master ticket,  meaning this is their top priority.

On a side note, I'm rapidly getting tired of dealing with CSR's assigned to the echo department that know a lot less than we do about echos. It's like we need our own secret phone # to reach competent techs that don't want us to jump through a bunch of unnecessary hoops just to make sure problems are not on our end or a result of our own stupidity.

As a programmer I am familiar with most so called techs working phone tickets and these "Techs" are really no such thing they are normal people off of the street they got to work easy phone tickets they work via a series of screens that they have to go by because they don't know how to troubleshoot otherwise. Can't really blame amazon because all major company's do this to save money. Real techs cost money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrankE said:

The Fire Tablet idea was from a user on the Amazon Forum

Are you sure that wasn't me? I'm davidn over there

1 minute ago, Larry Underwood said:

As a programmer I am familiar with most so called techs working phone tickets and these "Techs" are really no such thing they are normal people off of the street they got to work easy phone tickets they work via a series of screens that they have to go by because they don't know how to troubleshoot otherwise. Can't really blame amazon because all major company's do this to save money. Real techs cost money.

Ya, I realize all this and also the level of stupidity or laziness of the average caller but their should still be some kind of notation associated with our account name/email address on file that says " hey, this guy has a clue".

30 minutes ago, David said:

That's why these boards are here!  Right there!

I wondered what happened!  I saw a number of complaints.

39 minutes ago, David said:

Ya, I realize all this and also the level of stupidity or laziness of the average caller but their should still be some kind of notation associated with our account name/email address on file that says " hey, this guy has a clue".

that makes the assumption that they are  smart enough to understand that you know what your talking about 😏