Automate Life
Larry Underwood

Arrive Home Scenario

Just thought i'd share my arrive home scenario

I have tasker check to see when it connects to my wifi at home then tasker run's a webcore piston that disarms SMH, opens my garage door, turns on my outside lights if its after sunset so i can get the mail, also have a multipurpose sensor in the mailbox that if opened it toggles a light that's plugged into the smart power plug (this is in my garage so i can see it when i drive in), so when the postal person leaves mail its on and if i open the box to get the mail it toggles again to off. then it turn's on the light in the garage and unlocks the door that leads from the garage to the rest of the house and if no one else is home it turns on lights in the house, if someone is home alexa lets them know i have arrived. Then once i open the door leading into the rest of the house a multipurpose sensor turn's off the outside lights and closes the garage door, when i close the door leading into the house and after the garage door fully closes it turn's off the light in the garage and sets SHM to armed/stay mode and locks the door behind me and if no one else is home it has harmony turn on my TV, sound bar and DVR.

Edited by Larry Underwood
  • Like 4

I love thinking about these scenarios. Thank you for sharing this - this is so good.

Some questions: What happens if you do something out of sequence; do you have a reset for the lights or if the door doesn't close well. What do you have to do to stay within this scenario? or do the lights go another default?

4 minutes ago, AYL_Alan said:

I love thinking about these scenarios. Thank you for sharing this - this is so good.

Some questions: What happens if you do something out of sequence; do you have a reset for the lights or if the door doesn't close well. What do you have to do to stay within this scenario? or do the lights go another default?

There's not a lot of ways to do this drive into garage open only door that leads into the house from the garage and close same door. Don't see much that can go wrong there. As far as the garage door not closing the piston will notice that and tell me via alexa if it doesn't close after a 30 second timeout. That has only happened once though.