Automate Life
botfly

button to start Google Home routine

Dear all,  I would like to be able to start a google home routine with a push of a smart button. It seems impossible with smartthings and IFTTT. Does anyone know any alternatives? I am looking at FLIC 2 but doesn't like the idea of having to use its own hub.

Sadly, the answer to this is there isn't a good way right now.  The literal, only way to get this to happen is to stick 2 Google Home/Google Assistant devices next to each other and get one to speak something from an IFTTT trigger.

Similar to this: 

On 6/17/2019 at 1:09 AM, botfly said:

Dear all,  I would like to be able to start a google home routine with a push of a smart button. It seems impossible with smartthings and IFTTT. Does anyone know any alternatives? I am looking at FLIC 2 but doesn't like the idea of having to use its own hub.

What are you trying to do with the google routine? In webcore i can get the new smartthings smart button do do a good number of different tasks based on time, motion, ect. even trigger a ifttt applet to run. Just depends on what your trying to do.

• Like 1

… and if WebCore is too big a step for you, try  "Automations" in the new SmartThings Mobile app

Frank

• Like 1

I have a google home routine that tells me the weather, play the news, check my calendar events..etc.  I feel that it seems easier to trigger it with a push of a button instead of saying "hey google, good morning"

• Like 1

This could be achieved by using a flic button connected to your phone. This could open the Google Assistant and type a phrase to start a routine.

• Like 1