Automate Life
FrankE

Alexa Routines speaking on my phone!

For a while now I have been using an Alexa Routine to remind me when I'm leaving to prompt me to remember my phone, keys and wallet.

Of course, I need to say to Alexa, that I'm leaving... this has been working great

But a strange thing happened when I was modifying the routine and instead of clicking "The device where you speak", I clicked "This mobile device" by accident

The next time I spoke to my Echo Show to say I was leaving... my phone said the message!!! My locked phone reminded me to take it!

This is really neat. It takes about 10 seconds to find the phone and start speaking

If you plan to try it, please note I have only be able to get this to work on an Android Phone (Samsung s9, s10). My iPhone doesn't allow it

https://youtu.be/wV6RL8xGzxI

Frank

Edited by FrankE
added video
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 6:35 PM, FrankE said:

For a while now I have been using an Alexa Routine to remind me when I'm leaving to prompt me to remember my phone, keys and wallet.

Of course, I need to say to Alexa, that I'm leaving... this has been working great

But a strange thing happened when I was modifying the routine and instead of clicking "The device where you speak", I clicked "This mobile device" by accident

The next time I spoke to my Echo Show to say I was leaving... my phone said the message!!! My locked phone reminded me to take it!

This is really neat. It takes about 10 seconds to find the phone and start speaking

If you plan to try it, please note I have only be able to get this to work on an Android Phone (Samsung s9, s10). My iPhone doesn't allow it

https://youtu.be/wV6RL8xGzxI

Frank

That's cause Android is better than Iphone....... (runs and hides somewhere in South Africa where you can't find me) hahahahahahaha!!!!