Automate Life
Sign in to follow this  
Alan Lee

User Interface

I’m looking for a User Interface (UI) that will allow me to view all my devices w/out having to navigate to different apps. I have five (5) homes {Rent Houses} and well over fifty devices I’m trying manage.

Most devices are Google, Nest, Phillips Hue and myQ (Chamberlain Garage Control).  I would prefer to work w/ as few vendors as possible (One throat to choke).

At the very least, I wish I could use one UI to view all the Google products including the Google WlFi mesh router.  The UI for the router only allows for two systems and the Nest app only allows a total of three homes.

As home automation continues to mature, I don’t think I’m going to be alone and I can’t help but believe that Google hasn’t considered the small business owner like myself.

It isn't too easy, but if you are willing to loose a little time you could consider Home Assistant. It will allow the integration of all your devices under a unique customizable UI! Please excuse some English error, it isn't my language, but I hope you may understand.

• Like 2

Do you have a Samsung Smartthings hub?  If so you could look at Actiontiles for a possible solution. You could then have a tile that hyperlinks to your Nest and any devices that work with smartthings will display on separate tiles on one screen. Not sure how it works with multiple locations, but go to Actiontiles forum and post a question.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alan Lee said:

I’m looking for a User Interface (UI) that will allow me to view all my devices w/out having to navigate to different apps. I have five (5) homes {Rent Houses} and well over fifty devices I’m trying manage.

Most devices are Google, Nest, Phillips Hue and myQ (Chamberlain Garage Control).  I would prefer to work w/ as few vendors as possible (One throat to choke).

At the very least, I wish I could use one UI to view all the Google products including the Google WlFi mesh router.  The UI for the router only allows for two systems and the Nest app only allows a total of three homes.

As home automation continues to mature, I don’t think I’m going to be alone and I can’t help but believe that Google hasn’t considered the small business owner like myself.

Hey Alan - Yeah I agree with Stukes and Marcus here.  With what you have...Home Assistant is probably the way to go in a lot of cases.  If you had SmartThings, I have a video coming out tomorrow on ActionTiles that shows some pretty incredible UI stuff.

And the home tour on Saturday, will show EXACTLY what you're looking for with ActionTiles again.  It's honestly incredible how good the UI is.

18 hours ago, MarcusVR said:

It isn't too easy, but if you are willing to loose a little time you could consider Home Assistant. It will allow the integration of all your devices under a unique customizable UI! Please excuse some English error, it isn't my language, but I hope you may understand.

Yeah based on what you've said, I agree with Marcus and Brian, it would seem HA is your best bet, providing your happy with some sort of computer (nuc/raspi) running in each house with the tenants.