Automate Life
Sign in to follow this  
Brian W

Best Buy BF in July sale

So Best Buy (bb) has a sale going on now and they have 98 "Smart Home" items on sale. Some deals are decent others... well... But I did come across this deal which is kinda smart homeish that was a really good value. I don't want or need one, but I thought I would share it in case anyone was in the market. 

Screenshot_20190725-092217_Best Buy.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Brian!  It's always good to know when the deals come out!  I think this helps people alot. 🙂

Picked up a 24" Fire TV for the kitchen. $89 is pretty cheap and another screen I can view cameras on.

We all know how bad the speakers are in flat screens but did you know you can link the audio out to an echo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David said:

Picked up a 24" Fire TV for the kitchen. $89 is pretty cheap and another screen I can view cameras on.

We all know how bad the speakers are in flat screens but did you know you can link the audio out to an echo.

That is so cheap!  What are you using the Echo for audio-wise?  

1 hour ago, AYL_Brian said:

That is so cheap!  What are you using the Echo for audio-wise?  

Not sure what your asking exactly.

When I ask Alexa to turn tv on, the same echo automatically (usually) plays all sound that would normally come out of the tv speakers. Sometimes I have to ask Alexa to connect audio (bluetooth). I did have to go into sound settings on the tv menu to adjust the delay for syncing up audio & video.

Sure beats having to buy a soundbar.

Yeah ok, you're using BT 🙂.  I wondered if there was a feature there whereby I could get the stream of a Fire TV through to my Echo.